Something that I’ve been thinking about is eating clean. It makes sense. Sure it isn’t easy but it’s worth it. I’m worth it. Starting today, I’ll be following Cooler Plan #3 of the Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno. This plan is set for someone who is new to eating clean and wants to see what it is like. It’s more lenient than the other plans in the book.
During this week, I will:
- Eat 6 small meals a day
- Eat a combination of lean protein & complex carbs with each meal
- Eat sufficient healthy fats every day
- Drink 2 to 3 litters of water a day
- Depend on fruits & veggies for fiber, vitamins, nutrients & enzymes.
- Adhere to proper portion sizes.
I will be avoiding:
- All over-processed foods particularly white flour & sugar
- Chemically charged foods
- Foods containing preservatives
- Artificial sugars
- Saturated & trans fats
- Sugar loaded beverages including sodas & juices
- Limit alcohol intake
- All calorie dense foods containing little or no nutritional value
I convinced my mom to attempt this meal plan for 1 week & we went to the grocery store. For it all, we spent $140 for the whole week which in my opinion isn’t bad. That’s 6 small meals x 7 days for 2 people so it averages out to $1.66 per meal/$10 a day.
Some of the food won’t be bought every week (i.e. pasta, nut butter, agave nectar) so I’m anticipating it to be cheaper next time.
I am doing this to get an introduction to eating clean and also because I am hoping it will help me reach my goal of a 100 pound loss by my birthday which is in the first week of June. I’ll still be tracking my food in the WW app.
Have any of you ever followed the eat-clean diet?